Object Storage enables application developers to store data as objects. It's efficient and safe as it is highly available and distributed. Each object is replicated 3 times and distributed on to different servers. With our Object Storage you can create containers and store BLOBS (Binary Large OBjects), such as images, audio or multimedia objects.
Using the OpenStack CLI
If you would like to display information for your account, an object or a container, type:
swift stat swift stat ACCOUNT swift stat CONTAINER swift stat OBJECT
For listing containers, type:
Using the Meshpanel
The easiest way to upload files to OpenStack Swift is via Meshpanel.
Configure a Swift Container
- Navigate to https://panel.meshcloud.io
- If not logged in, please login with your personal credentials
- On the Welcome Dashboard, please select the Location & Project where you want to create your Swift Container for the Backup Files
- After selecting a Location & Project choose in the Service Menu on the left Storage > Blobs
- Enter the Name of the Swift Container and press the +
- You have now successfully created a Swift Container
Upload Files to your Swift Container
- In the Meshpanel click on the container you created to get to the container detail page (Storage > Blobs > YourContainer)
- You can either choose a file from your file system or drag and drop the file that you want to upload
- The files will appear in the upload queue on the right. Click the upload button to start your file upload
- Your files will appear in the Blobs list on the bottom of this page
- Congratulations. You successfully uploaded your files to your Swift Container.