meshStack supports metering and billing for most common OpenStack versions. For fine-granular metering and best-performance, we recommend the use of OpenStack Panko for OpenStack Releases Pike and later.
- OpenStack admin user with suitable read-only permissions for all projects
- OpenStack APIs are accessible by meshStack metering collector components
- OpenStack Panko (optional, but recommended): OpenStack Pike or later
- Panko must be configured to emit & record suitable events
- note: Panko can also be used with suitable patches on older OpenStack releases
- Contact us for details
Resources with the following traits are addressable in the Product Catalog.
A nova virtual machine.
id: os.nova.vm traits: - RAM - VCPU - STATE - FLAVOR - DISK - DISK_EPHEMERAL - DISK_ROOT
id: os.cinder.volume traits: - STATUS - AVAILABILITY_ZONE - SIZE - REPLICATION_STATUS - TYPE
id: os.cinder.snapshots traits: - STATUS - VOLUME_SIZE - AVAILABILITY_ZONE - REPLICATION_STATUS
id: os.glance.volume traits: - STATUS - SERVICE - SIZE
id: os.cinder.volume traits: 
id: os.neutron.floatingIp traits: 
Metering for Neutron Traffic is supported, however it depends on the actual environment and networking services used in Neutron. Please contact us for details.
The Keystone project resource is useful for attaching prices directly to an OpenStack Project.
Common use cases include chargeback of fixed-fees for support contracts.
The metering pipeline for OpenStack automatically generates this resource for each OpenStack project managed by meshStack.
id: os.keystone.project traits: