Welcome to the meshMarketplace
The meshStack marketplace enables you to serve and manage your services in the meshPanel.
Offering your services in the central cloud foundation portal has the following benefits:
- easier reach customers which already are approaching cloud services
- out-of-the-box billing capabilities
- (optional) user assignment through the cloud foundation portal
We suggest you to set up your Service Broker using meshcloud's open-source UniPipe Service Broker. UniPipe will enable you a quick setup, development and time-to-market. UniPipe will reduce your own code development efforts as it provides the basic functionality required by the Open Service Broker API reference.
If you want to offer a service in the marketplace you have to meet the following requirements:
- You have your own meshCustomer in the meshPanel where you can add your Open Service Broker.
- You have a running Service Broker that implements the Open Service Broker API.
- To learn more about the OSB API, read the complete the API spec.
How to start using UniPipe
The UniPipe Wiki will provide you most information to start and set up your own service broker in a short time.
How to deploy UniPipe
Once you implemented your service broker, you can deploy it. The UniPipe Wiki has a detailed description on how to deploy UniPipe
How to set up your Service Broker in the meshMarketplace
Service development in the meshMarketplace is documented in meshcloud docs.
- Log in into the meshPanel.
- Open the Customer Overview.
- Select the tab Marketplace and the sub-tab Service Brokers.
- Click on '+ Register'
- Register the Service Broker by entering the required parameters.
You can now start booking and using your services within your own meshCustomer. This is useful for testing and verifying whether your service broker works as intended.
Once you are ready for other teams to book your offered services, you can publish your service broker.