The single sign on technology is able to provide you easy access to the Cloud Foundry CLI. With it you can manage your Cloud Foundry app container.
If you just registered, make sure you validated your e-mail address. Afterwards log in to the meshPanel with your credentials.
The first thing you should do on the Meshcloud Platform is to create a project. All your resources are bound to projects. To create a new project press the Create Project button on the top right and follow the dialogue:
- Enter a project name
- Choose a billing address for the project (bills are created per project)
- Choose the data center locations you want to use within this project
Within the new project, choose a location for the deployment of your first Cloud Foundry applications. Go to CLI Access in the left menu.
Cloud Foundry CLI Tools
If you are using Cloud Foundry for the first time you will have to install the Cloud Foundry CLI tools. Please follow the official installation instructions.
Cloud Foundry Authentification
- In the Meshpanel on the CLI Access page click on Get Passcode. Copy the temporary authentication code that opens up in a new window.
- In your PowerShell (Windows) or Terminal (MacOS)
cf api LOCATION_ENDPOINT, for example
cf api https://api.cf.eu-de-darz.msh.hostfor the DARZ data center
cf login -ssofor single-sign-on authentication. You will be asked for your temporary authentication code. Paste it here and hit enter.
- You will see a list of your Cloud Foundry spaces. A Cloud Foundry space corresponds to a Meshcloud Project.
Choose a Project
To get started choose a space/project by typing
cf target -s YOURPROJECTNAME
Congratulations, you successfully installed the CF CLI tools and are ready to get started with Cloud Foundry now.